Here is the list of the top five most read articles of 2015. Did you read them all?
Top 5 Most Read Articles
- Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro review
- Opening the Settings app from the Command Prompt in Windows 10
- Lenovo OneKey Optimizer review
- Xbox One won’t tell you when new game episodes are released
- Two months with the Moto 360 and Android Wear on my wrist
Despite not having any entries in the most read list, the Technical Notebook section overall received more than eight times the amount the traffic that all the other site sections received combined.
As this site is funded by advertising. I thought it would be interesting to include an overview of the articles most popular among visitors who actively block the advertisements that go along with each article:
Top 5 Most Read among advertisement-blocking readers
- EFF’s Privacy Badger will deteriorate your browser experience
- Document format support in the new Word apps and Word 2016
- The many URI schemas used by the browsers’ “Reader Views”
- Leaving Opera Software
- FileLocator Lite and Pro review
Surprisingly, there were no articles overlapping in the two top-five lists. This may suggest that readers who block web advertisement have different interests than the average web users or something else entirely. Unsurprisingly, the most popular article among readers who block advertisements was an article about a new approach to blocking advertisements. Compared to 2014, there was an 8 % decline in readers who block advertisements in 2015. There has been no increase in ad blockers seen from visitors using iOS. It would seem the new ad blocking capabilities in iOS 9 hasn’t gained much traction with users yet.
Thank you all for reading, and I’ll hope to see you again in 2016.